Although we may receive free samples or commissions on some sales, our opinions are always our own.
It’s easy to find red wine clubs. It’s even easy to find mixed wine clubs. Why is it so hard to find white wine clubs? Although many people look for Chardonnay of the month clubs, they are few and far between. Do not worry, though, because we have done the research for you and found some great options.
What is Chardonnay? Chardonnay wine is made from Chardonnay grapes, which actually grow in many different climates and soils. In France, Chardonnay is the second most widely planted grape variety. Chardonnay grapes are grown from across the United States from California to Washington and around the world from South America to Africa and Australia. Chardonnay is often blended with other grapes, and “Chablis” refers to Chardonnay produced in the Chablis region of France.
Many of the mixed wine clubs routinely include Chardonnay as their white selection. In fact, my Cellars Premium Club last month included a 2005 Reserve Chardonnay Morningstar Peninsula from Stonier Winery in Australia. However, that club also included a red selection. What can you do if you know that you want to order a club that is white wine only?
We have reviewed a number of top white wine clubs and suggest the following if you’re looking primarily for Chardonnays:
- Vinesse Chardonnay Club – 3, 6 or 12 bottles a month sent either 2 or 4 times a year. Wines run around $11-18 a bottle. Ships to almost every state, Chadonnays will come from all over the world and the shipment will include tasting notes for each wine.
- Club W – Unlike other clubs that have a set schedule for sending wine, Club W allows you to choose wines based on your Palate Profile results. Because of this you can not only choose all Chardonnay each month but you can choose from various blends that contain Chardonnay grapes or that they specifically recommend for people who love Chardonnay wine. You’ll also get 3 bottles for the price of 2 in your first shipment! Bottles start at $13.
- Gourmet Wine Clubs Chardonnay of the Month Club – Two bottles of strictly Chardonnay each month with a three month minimum. Focuses on California wines. Delivery date may be selected for gifts. Cost of the club includes shipping and handling. Perfect for those who have tried white wines besides Chardonnay and would rather stick with the Chardonnay.
Whether you are looking for a wine club for a gift or for yourself, wine clubs are a great way to taste new wines that you would not have otherwise tried. A white wine club or a Chardonnay of the month club is the perfect way to expand the palate while also learning more about the vineyards and wineries where the wines were produced.
Latest posts by Tricia Meyer (see all)
- Wine and Pizza Pairing Suggestions - February 9, 2017
- Limited Time! Get 2 Bonus Bottles of Wine - September 19, 2016
- Free Bottle of Wine with Gold Medal Wine Club Gift - August 25, 2016