The California Wine Club: 2014 By the Numbers
I recently received a shipment of the Signature Series from The California Wine Club (and we updated our review) and in the shipment was a sheet that highlighted some important milestones reached by The California Wine Club in 2014:
- 97 points were awarded by Wine Enthusiast to the Joseph Phelps Vineyards 2010 Insignia, making it the most highly rated wine featured in 2014.
- 17 members received VIP treatment at our featured wineries by calling us for help arranging tours
- 12 winery recipes included in your 25th Anniversary Wine and Recipe Guide. You'll receive 12 more recipes and tips this year!
- 25 fun and informative videos were added to our YouTube Channel
- 4 glasses in a bottle of wine. Or 3 if your friends really love wine
- 1.5 hours to chill a bottle of white wine to 55° in the refrigerator. If you chill it longer than that, you should allow it to warm up for 10 minutes before serving.
- 64% of our members have been members for 7 years or longer
- 13% Merlot was part of the blend in the Ca' Momi Rosso Di Napa Valley, our most popular wine in 2014.
- 812,367 pounds of grapes were in the bottles we sent to you in 2014. Each bottle was carefully crafted by one of the 157 artisan wineries we featured.
- 46 of you sent kudos when we switched our two- and four-bottle packaging from polystyrene to wood-pulp trays
- 2.5 pounds of grapes required to make 1 bottle of wine
- 2 fun-filled hours spent by our staff helping with the harvest at Los Robles Winery in August
- 48 new mouth-watering pairing recipes were shared with you on our website
- 2,476 small family wineries have been featured by The California Wine Club since 1990
- 50 cases of the 2010 Kukeri Mount Veeder Cabernet were made. This is the most limited wine we have ever featured
- 1 toast to celebrate 25 years of wine adventures with The California Wine Club
Congratulations to The California Wine Club on 25 years in the wine club business!