I came across a really interested infographic from CompareCamp the other day that I thought our readers would love. Given that we have both this wine review site as well as a beer club review site, I was curious as to how beer and wine really do stack up against each other.
The graphic uses research about beer and wine to compare surprising facts, popular brands, and market trends about the two. Here are some of the most interesting things I found:
- Beer is more popular than wine globally by a 2:1 ratio.
- The U.S. is the #2 beer market and the #1 wine market. Interestingly, China is the #1 beer market. As I would have expected, France and Italy round out the top 3 for wine.
- Bud Light is the 3rd best-selling beer brand in the world. Barefoot is the top wine brand.
- On a per person basis, the Vatican drinks more wine than anywhere else by almost double.
- The percentage of wine and beer drinkers in the U.S. is almost even, compared to 1992 when beer edged out wine 47% to 27%.
- Looking for a wine with high alcohol by volume? Your best bet is Sherry.
- Both beer and wine have a lot of health benefits.
You can see the full infographic below or find the research that inspired it on CompareCamp. Be sure to comment which you prefer–beer or wine!