Light & Sweet Wine Club (by Vinesse)
The Light & Sweet Wine Club from Vinesse Wines is one of the only wine clubs that features all sweet wines in every shipment.
One of the best clubs available for sweet wine lovers, the Light & Sweet Wine Club from Vinesse features white wines along with the occasional sparkling or blush. Each shipment contains a variety of wines that appeal to fans of Moscato, Reisling, Rose' and more.
- Variety of all sweet wines in each shipment
- Tasting Notes for each bottle
- At-A-Glance section of Tasting Notes
- Fantastic customer service
- Low per bottle price compared to other clubs
- Shipping is confusing and expensive
- Minimum bottles per shipment is 6
About Sweet Wines
When people say that they like “sweet wine” they could mean a lot of different types of wine. My husband likes sweet red wine while I prefer sweet white. Some people like sweet sparkling wines. It can get confusing because some wines that people think of as sweet can actually also come in dry varietals. Here are some of the types of wine that sweet drinkers tend to prefer:
- Pinot Grigio
- White Zinfandel
- Ice Wine
- Fruit Wines (Blackberry, Peach, Rhubarb, Cherry, etc)
- Chenin Blanc
Some of these will always be sweet while others may vary in their sweetness depending on how they are produced. Because of that, if you are looking for sweet wines it is better to order a wine club like the Vinesse Light & Sweet Wine Club than to order a specific varietal club and just hope that the wines are sweet rather than dry.
So let's look specifically at the Vinesse Light & Sweet Wine Club and my personal experience with it.
What's in the Box
The boxes that I received were just a sampling of the wines rather than the full shipment you would receive as a member (or giving a gift). Because of that, I received one shipment of 2 bottles and one shipment of 4 bottles. However, the wines are the actual wines sent in the club shipments.
The wines that I received in my first shipment included 2 different Rieslings, a Moscato, and a Moscato d'Asti (sparkling). I drank them so long ago that I am not sure of the actual wines except what I can see from the picture I took.
For my second shipment, I wrote down the details so that I could remember to share them. The wines were:
- 2016 Bramble Ridge Chenin Blanc (Clarksburg California)
- 2017 Miguel Flores Mendoza Torrontes (Mendoza Argentina)
Each wine comes with its own tasting notes, which is a good thing because I didn't know what a Mendoza was! It turns out that it is produced only in Argentina. The notes tell me that it is medium-bodied with a slight sweetness and it pairs well with fresh fruit, goat cheese, fish, shellfish, or sweet and sour chicken.
Tasting notes for each wine look like this and include both the SKU of the wine and a re-order number at the bottom:
All of the wines in this club will be sweet (of course!) and will be primarily white. However, you can also expect to receive an occasional blush or sparkling wine. You will only be given the option when you check out to select “White.” Expect that your wines will come from all over the world rather than only a specific region.
When ordering your sweet wine club, you can choose the number of bottles you'd like per shipment (6 or 12) and how often you'd like to receive shipments (2 or 4 times per year). The cost of the club varies with each shipment from $16 – $19.25 per bottle, plus tax & shipping.
After you place your order, it will be processed and shipped within 2 business days but shipping time will vary. You can skip or delay your shipments by logging into your Vinesse Member Service Center.
While Vinesse ships this club to almost every state, you need to know the shipping state to figure out the shipping cost. Your base shipping is calculated from the number of bottles in your shipment (6 bottles is $25 and 12 bottles is $34) but then there are special surcharges for certain states.
NY, NJ, ME, DC, MA, IN, AZ, TX, KS, MT, DE, RI, GA, FL, MI, CT, NC, NH, OH, SC, VA, VT, and WV shipments must add an additional 17% to their entire order total. PA and IL shipments add a 20% surcharge while AK and HI add 30%. Any other states get an 8.5% surcharge.
Finally, if you're shipping to a residential address, add another $2.50 per shipment.
Vinesse Light & Sweet Club as a Gift
Vinesse allows you to choose from 3 different options for this club. Each shipment contains 6 bottles and you can order 2 shipments, 3 shipments, or 4 shipments. The total price will range between $203 and $407. You can also include a personal gift message.
The Light & Sweet Wine Club from Vinesse Wines is a unique club because it is one of the only clubs you can join where you are guaranteed to receive a variety of different sweet wines.
You may cancel your membership at any time, for any reason, by calling support at 1-800-823-5527 6 AM to 4 PM Pacific Time, Monday – Friday.
- Diverse Selection: Curated wines from various global regions ensure a rich tasting experience.
- Educational Value: Detailed tasting notes and wine information enhance understanding and appreciation.
- Affordable Pricing: Competitive price range for wines that are both unique and high-quality.
- Customization: Flexibility in choosing bottle quantity and shipment frequency caters to individual preferences.
- Exclusivity: Offers wines that aren't easily found elsewhere, adding to the allure.
- Consistent Profile: Regular delivery of wines that fit the light and sweet theme.
- Limited Varietal Range: Focus on light and sweet wines might not cater to those seeking broader wine profiles.
- Frequency: Maximum shipment frequency is 4x per year, which might not be enough for regular wine drinkers.
- Exclusivity vs. Variety: While the wines are exclusive, there might be limited variety in popular or mainstream wine varietals.
Specification: Light & Sweet Wine Club (by Vinesse)