Mimosa Cupcake Recipe with Champagne
Mother's Day is approaching and one of my favorite splurges on holidays is a mimosa. Lately I have really been getting into cupcakes, so I was wondering if I could find a recipe to pair with the champagne I received from the Vinesse Sparkling Club. I found a few very complicated Mimosa Cupcake recipes that involved making orange curd or champagne simple syrup. If I spent that much time on the cupcakes, I wouldn't have time to enjoy them. Luckily my sister, Kelly, found a Betty Crocker recipe that was simpler. I took into consideration all of the comments and made a few changes.
|Mimosa Cupcake Recipe with Champagne|
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 medium oranges)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 T finely grated orange peel
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 3 T champagne
- 3 T freshly squeezed orange juice (1 medium orange)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Do not overmix! Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Start with 5 cups of the powdered sugar and add more gradually if frosting is not thick enough. Spread or pipe frosting onto cool cupcakes. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Decorate with extra grated orange peel, edible gold stars, or edible glitter. If you like a very sweet frosting, use the entire 6 cups of powered sugar. If not, use only 5.
This recipe would be great for Mother's Day, bridal showers, ladies lunches, or any other event where you are pairing light desserts with a sparkling or fruity cocktail or punch. My family loved the cupcakes themselves and I loved mine even more paired with a mimosa (seen below). You could also pair it with the champagne straight if you did not want to dilute the champagne with orange juice.
Mother's Day Gift Idea: Order mom the Cellars Wine Club Sparkling Champagne Club and present her with the printable gift card and a dozen of these cupcakes! She'll enjoy the cupcakes now and the champagne arrivals for months to come.
Next up I will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of one of my red wine clubs so that I can attempt some chocolate cupcakes made with red wine!